Ready to respond in any situation
CASARA is dedicated to providing air search support services and to the promotion of Canada’s Search and Rescue Program across Canada. Our volunteers, who receive no remuneration, are on call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to assist those in need of search and rescue.
At CASARA, we:
- create an awareness of the Search and Rescue System including defensive flying practices across Canada;
- provide an array of training equipment such as training Emergency Locator Transmitters (ELTs), ground-to-air radios, computer equipment/programs, telephone pagers, Global Positioning Systems (GPS), etc.;
- provide SAR Coordinators during actual SAR missions and training exercises;
- provide aircraft and certified crew members such as pilots, navigators and spotters, who can be used effectively on search operations and training missions;
- provide certified spotters on Canadian Forces aircraft as required;
- provide rapid response to locate missing aircraft or ELTs in their own areas before Canadian Forces (CF) primary SAR aircraft can be airborne;
- provide personnel to act as causalities during National SAREX operations; and
- provide Search Headquarters at locations across Canada during actual SAR missions and training exercises.